Kareena Kapoor Milford Sound in New Zealand Deepika Padakone Aishwarya Rai

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Very Very Nice Holiday Quotes

This blog post is about Holiday Quotes.
A holiday is when you celebrate something that's all finished up, that happened a long time ago and now there's nothing left to celebrate but the dead.
Abraham Polonsky

A perpetual holiday is a good working definition of hell.
George Bernard Shaw

A systemic cleansing and detox is definitely the way to go after each holiday. It is the key to fighting high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, and other health-related illnesses.
Lee Haney

After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working.
Kenneth Grahame

April in Paris, chestnuts in blossom, holiday tables under the trees.
E. Y. Harburg

Billie Holiday I never met, but I love her music.
Nichelle Nichols

But to make a holiday record that involves favorite American songs and then also get to sing about Jesus birth, it just seemed like a real easy, subtle way to combine a couple of things that I love.
Amy Grant

Christmas is a holiday that persecutes the lonely, the frayed, and the rejected.
Jimmy Cannon

Christmas is the antithesis of Thanksgiving. Christmas is pretty much a man-made holiday.
John Clayton

Every man who possibly can should force himself to a holiday of a full month in a year, whether he feels like taking it or not.
William James

I can only say the first thing that pops into my mind is I remember, years ago, seeing kind of a has-been country singer working - when I first moved to Nashville - in a bar in a Holiday Inn.
Jimmy Buffett

I do not read SF as much as I used to. It's too much like a busman's holiday.
Jack L. Chalker

I don't want to go to the Bahamas on holiday. I hate islands. I want to go to Brittany, where it's cold and raining, and there's nothing fancy about it.
Julie Delpy

I don't want to spend the next two years in Holiday Inns.
Walter F. Mondale

I grew up in the 1950s and '60s, when it was almost a holiday when a black act would go on Ed Sullivan.
Al Sharpton

I have been determined for the past couple of years to move away from all those Holiday programmes.
Jill Dando

I have been keeping myself fit. I am going on holiday next week in the Mediterranean so that I can really unwind after the football season and have a rest.
David Ginola

I have had a holiday, and I'd like to take it up professionally.
Kylie Minogue

I have the ability to sing with emotion and feeling, but if you say I sound like Billie Holiday, that's cool. Let's look at who Billie was: she was this person, this singer, this beautiful diva who could move the audience with the slightest gesture of her hand.
Erykah Badu

I just feel - specifically about that holiday - why is it just one day that you have to tell the person that you love how much you love them? I think that is a little silly. I am much more the girl that likes the spontaneous.
Michelle Trachtenberg

I knew there was something I had to do yesterday. I couldn't remember what it is. I can't figure it out. I know it's a holiday. I know I don't have a meeting. It's very confusing.
Jennifer Beals

I know the history of the record business so well because I followed Billie Holiday into the record studios. It was so primitive compared to the sophisticated business today.
Tony Bennett

I like to compare the holiday season with the way a child listens to a favorite story. The pleasure is in the familiar way the story begins, the anticipation of familiar turns it takes, the familiar moments of suspense, and the familiar climax and ending.
Fred Rogers

I listened to Billie Holiday a lot in order to learn to sing. She remains one of the extraordinary jazz singers. But my intent is to become my own voice, to be able to interpret these songs in my own way.
Madeleine Peyroux

I love oldies just kind of sweet, slinky, Fifties music. The slow stuff. And Billie Holiday.
Nastassja Kinski

I love to sing old Motown songs to myself, or some Patti Smith Edith Piaf or Billie Holiday. That gets me in the mood for singing.
Siobhan Fahey

I loved Billie Holiday more than any other person other than myself on the stage. Yeah, I do.
Abbey Lincoln

I started out Ice skating with Holiday On Ice and just got offered the part of R2 by chance.
Kenny Baker

I thought the Billie Holiday comparison was beautiful. I think, Wow, what a wonderful, creative, helpful spirit. She's someone who wanted to help others by sharing her emotion. That's what I do, too, so I think that's a great comparison.
Erykah Badu

I was born in London in 1919. I first went to America in 1946 for a three-month holiday. Then I came back, worked here for almost a year sold up my home and went back on immigration in 1947.
George Shearing

I was trying to do Billie Holiday, because she was the voice to be heard at that time.
Ruth Brown

I went out every single night so I was never alone with my stepfather. At 12, I stopped going on holiday with them. The times I was alone with him I always made sure I was all covered up.
Christine Keeler

I went to America on holiday when I was 17 and, before I knew it, I'd been signed up by an agency and had these obligations I didn't understand, but which I couldn't say no to. This industry chose me. But I did choose to make it fulfilling.
Elle Macpherson

I wrapped that Monday and started on my third episode for Miss Match on Thursday of that same week and we just wrapped yesterday cause it was split over the holiday.
Charisma Carpenter

I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again.
Tim Vine

I've just finished my next collection, Possible Side Effects, and I'm now working on a collection of holiday stories as well as a memoir about my relationship with my father.
Augusten Burroughs

If we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday at a time of presidential inaugurals, this is thanks to Ronald Reagan who created the holiday, and not to the Democratic Congress of the Carter years, which rejected it.
David Horowitz

If you think Independence Day is America's defining holiday, think again. Thanksgiving deserves that title, hands-down.
Tony Snow

In August most of Europe goes on holiday.
Tony Visconti

In our open society, we are inclined to give to the less fortunate for the pure goodness of giving. We open our home to those who are alone on this holiday to spread some warmth into the life of another.
Jeff Miller

My father was in the civil service. I can remember standing in a bus shelter in the pouring rain, and that we were allowed candy floss at the end of the holiday if we had behaved.
Honor Blackman

My favorite holiday spot has to be New York, on the St. Lawrence River. Without a doubt that area there is perfect for me. Very, very spacious. It's nice.
Tom Felton

Of course, the idea of a six months' holiday is enough to make anyone laugh at anything, but I find that besides that I was a good deal harassed and run down, and I am glad to cut off from everything and start fresh. I feel miserably selfish about it all the time.
Richard H. Davis

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.
Dave Barry

One of the wonderful things about this glorious holiday trip I'm on is that I'm in public with people. It hasn't been inclined... I don't know - something to do with the death of my wife. It's inclined to make me isolated.
Jeremy Brett

Retirement may be looked upon either as a prolonged holiday or as a rejection, a being thrown on to the scrap-heap.
Simone de Beauvoir

Since I'm always working, my best holiday memories are definitely when I can just go home and spend time with my family.
Chris Brown

The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to.
P. J. O'Rourke

The sea from Dunkirk to Dover during these days of the evacuation looked like any coastal road in England on a bank holiday. It was solid with shipping.
Douglas Bader

The second trial was a fair trial. I do not call it a second trial. I call it a fair trial, as opposed to the first trial, which was an unfair trial, a Roman holiday.
Sam Sheppard

There are a lot of Grinches out there that would like nothing better than to take any references to religion out of the holiday season.
Ernest Istook

There is an atmosphere about the picture theatre that speaks of entertainment and relaxation. The charming surroundings, good music, and the fact that each visitor is determined to enjoy a few hours of holiday all exert an influence on the mind.
Ivor Novello

There is no racial or ethnic involvement in Thanksgiving, and people who may be very distant from the Christian system can see the beauty and the positive spirit that comes from the holiday.
John Clayton

This is such a special summer holiday for me. I haven't known myself so relaxed in years.
Kylie Minogue

Wal-Mart doesn't really care about your faith. Wal-Mart cares if you have money to spend, and it is going to be as generic as possible in exploiting the holiday season for every buck it can make.
Richard Roeper

We usually use that mostly on the weekends because we have access to the range during the week. But I can tell you a number of times they have had a training holiday at Fort Benning, so nobody trains, and to drag him in is like pulling teeth.
Nancy Johnson

We're going to do something that's really unprecedented in the industry by launching the console in all three major markets for the same holiday. It's never been done before.
J Allard

When Billie Holiday sings a song, I hear the song, but I always hear her and her truth.
Tom Wopat

When I came to England at the very beginning of commercial television it was easy for me because I was only doing one or two shows a week at most. It was really a holiday.
Richard Lester

When I did Taming of the Shrew, I was very tired, and I decided to have a holiday and make a documentary.
Diane Cilento


Who the hell wants fourteen pairs of shoes when they go on holiday? I haven't had fourteen pairs in my life.
Brian Clough

With all of the holiday cheer in the air, it's easy to overlook the ingredients in the foods. Ingredients such as salt, sugar, and fat - all of which leads to diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes, strokes, heart disease, and cancer.
Lee Haney


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites